CR170 Stage 3 Built by AARodriguez and tuned by JR Auto Performance
Super economical and showing off with +50HP and +110 Ft. Lbs. of TORQUE over a stock car, this 2014 Jetta TDI really has everything most TDI owners dream of.
Seriously, this was a fun build and I look forward to doing more of these torque monsters in the future since it was a relatively easy and fast build.
- BuzzKen 2.5" Stainless Steel Downpipe
- JR Auto Performance DSG Tuning
- JR Auto Performance Stage 3 Tune for CR170 turbo - (Hybrids may be available in the future)
- Audi S3 all aluminum intercooler
- AWE Silicone Boost Hoses
- (4) T-Bolt Clamps for the Boost Hoses
- AARodriguez CR170 Kit
- New Fuel Filter
- New Air Filter
When we started this build, we had 2 goals:
- Turn this Eco sleeper into a torque monster
- Test out some competing products and present the best to the world without dragging anyone through the dirt. My personal motto is, "You should never need to bring down a competitor to make your products and services look good."
- Dyno car with a stock ECU tune + DSG tune to allow full Torque/HP/RPM values to show on the dyno. DSG tuning disables auto kick-down, engages gear display on the cluster, lifts the stock torque limiter, tightens up shift speeds +++
- Drop stock exhaust
- Remove stock turbo
- Support the front of the car to prevent catastrophic damage after the headlights are removed
- Remove stock intercooler and replace it with the Audi S3 kit
- Bolt everything back
- DYNO TIME!
Some Pics from the Intercooler Install: