ATM BMW F30 F31 N47 328D/DX INTERCOOLER 2014-2017
UPGRADE YOUR 328d FMIC
Ambient Thermal Management is proud to introduce the stepped core intercooler to the F30 BMW diesel market!
SIZE- We've measured the available area in front of the bumper in both depth and height and custom designed an intercooler that makes the most of this space - the result is an intercooler with 67% more frontal area and 59% more core volume than stock.
CORE- ATM is the only FMIC manufacturer producing a stepped core as one single assembly. Our core is custom made to our specifications, including the ambient and charge row height and internal and external fin count. And of course, at the heart of every ATM intercooler core is our unique rounded header bars which act as a velocity stack for the charge rows, increasing the flow efficiency from 80% to 94%.
PLUMBING- ATM opted to utilize the factory plumbing on this application. The reasoning is simple; Unlike the previous generation E90 series' restrictive charge pipes, the new F30 series charge pipes are more than adequate and provide no restriction to flow.
ENDTANK DESIGN- All endtanks are not created equal. Air likes to flow in a smooth curved radius just like you see on the rounded cast endtanks of the ATM FMIC.
The end result is the ATM FMIC's ability to remove more temperature, meet the targeted air flow, and minimize pressure drop in your BMW.
- More core volume than stock? - Yes, 59%
- More ambient face than stock? - Yes, 67%
- More charge rows than stock? - Yes, 15
- Bar and Plate construction? - Yes, with innovative rounded header bars
Utilizes factory push-lock connections - Yes
- We also designed the intercooler to sit against the factory heat exchangers, so the radiator fan could still draw ambient air through the core when the vehicle is in low speed situations
Black or Silver Powdercoat